What a week! Dalyla and I have both been very sick. It started out as just a simple cold. I then decided I better take her in just to have peace of mind and what did we hear, Oh she has an ear infection! Poor sweet baby! Me, I went to the dr. the next day and she says, oh you have a Sinus infection. Man o man, I didn't realize what moms go through when they are sick and they still have to be mom. :) No rest! But that is ok because to nurse my baby girl while she is sick means so much. I get to be that mommy that makes everything feel better. I tried brining her to bed with us just so that we could be close and snuggle but unfortunately she couldn't get comfortable with her ear, so back to her bed she went.
Dalyla isn't much of a cuddler, but what is so cute is when I pick her up now after work she will put her head in my chest. That is her snuggling. She gets so happy to see me. It makes me super happy. She loves her daddy too. When he comes home from work she just stares and smiles at him. She gets pretty excited for him.
It was so funny last night. Robert was pulling out his bottom teeth making a funny face and kind of growling, and she totally copied him. It was hilarious! We were both cracking up!
Dalyla likes to just stare at her hands. She will twist her wrists and look at her fingers. It's quite cute. It's like she is finally realizing that they are hers.
She loves her cereal and food now. She definitely likes fruit over vegetables.
And since she isn't much of a snuggler, I have to steal my snuggles and loves when she finally goes to sleep. She rests her little head on my chest and her arms. It is the sweetest moment of motherhood.
Reading is quite fun with her now. She loves to goo and touch the pictures. She tries to turn the pages but shuts the book instead. :) We bought her nursery rhymes with a cd, she liked it. I don't think she quite correlated the two together but she still seemed to enjoy the music too.
Thanksgiving was fun. It was her first. Grandma Jana took pictures. I have failed to load them on this computer so I will have to post them later. We had quite the busy day. We started off running a 5k at 7am. Then we went to Courtland and Amanda's for brunch with my mom. Then when that was done, we went home and I cooked dinner for my dads side and Robert's family. It was a great day! I was surprised because my turkey actually turned out superb! Dalyla had enough though by dinner time. She needed one on one mommy time.
Christmas is drawing near too. So much to do to prepare. I really haven't bought Dalyla much because I feel like I am constantly buying her new things. Either she grows out of her toys and needs different ones, or it's her clothes! But I am pretty excited. She is going to get a few new toys and clothes. I think she will have a lot of fun unwrapping everything. She hasn't cared much for the tree and lights. We will see how Xmas day goes. I have been making a special surprise for everyone this year. Yes, I know, me make something..it's blowing you away! Im very excited to give gifts this year. I think making things makes it more fun. I think as a family we should start a rule, it has to be home made and not store bought!
I am just glad that this week is almost over. It has been a rough one and I would like to feel better now. Root canal, teeth problems, sick baby and sick mommy....makes for a long week!
Dalyla is a sleep now, and so I am going to go lounge on the couch with Daddy. Even though I should be working out because I still have some fat to shed, I don't feel well and might as well continue through the week with no exercise, right?
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment